Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Dennis Rodman of the Republican Party

"Just when I thought the field of Republican Presidential candidates was overcrowded with foolishness, Dr. Ron Paul finagled his way in to prove that the GOP has no limit on animus towards marginalized communities. Before I go any further, let me make myself clear: I am not married to any particular political party. I don’t believe monogamy should exist in politics, that’s why I’m single. Nevertheless, I couldn’t let a week go by without airing my frustration about Paul’s recent statement that he would have voted against the Civil Rights Act. I wasn’t too suprised to hear this coming from Paul. He’s like the Dennis Rodman of the Republican Party, very colorful and many times politically incorrect, but an all-star nonetheless."
(May 17, 2011, Black Youth Project)

No comments:

Post a Comment