Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Tom Petty of Christmas tree ornaments

"When I was very young I heard a comedian call Tom Petty the butt-ugliest human being ever born. At the time I didn’t even know who Tom Petty was, but that description stayed with me. I guess I thought it was funny. When I finally discovered who the object of the comment was, I didn’t quite think that it was true; I had seen people much uglier before and I definitely have since. For instance, I once worked with a woman who looked like Ernest Borgnine in drag. And for the record, I know that I’m not much to look at either. But what I lack in quality, I make up for in quantity. I’m ugly, but there’s a lot of me.

Because of that statement from the comedian, I thought of the ornament that started the battle of wills as the Tom Petty of Christmas tree ornaments."
(Dec. 21, 2010, The Seeking Pastor)

No comments:

Post a Comment