Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Kenneth Branagh of asshole bosses

"My absolute favorite part of the first episode, however, was the scene in which the FBI agent meets with his boss. The boss is an asshole. That's the spoiler part. The asshole boss is a cherished trope of television shows everywhere. Only time will tell if this guy (I don't know if he has a name yet) will live up to the standards set by George Mason, but I see a lot of promise in him. In Shakespearean theatre, all the roles have been done so many times before, and by so many great actors. And yet each new generation takes on those roles, trying to carve out their own place in the history of Shakespeare. I imagine it's much the same in the little world of asshole boss acting. We, the television audience have heard 'You're out of line!' shouted with fingers pointed and spittle flying, but I think this guy is going to put his own unique brand of assholery on display here. He's like the Kenneth Branagh of asshole bosses. I've got a good feeling about him."
(Feb. 27, 2009, Livejournal)

No comments:

Post a Comment