Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Martin Van Buren of our high school

"To deal with my jealous tunnel rage, I somehow stomped off to what looked like some sort of trashy prom for adults set on board a cruise ship. Mos Def was my date. He, as always, was panty-removingly hot. There were many kids from my high school there, including this kid named Matt who I always used to think of as the Martin Van Buren of our high school since he was very nice, but never stood out for anything. In fact, I remember talking to that kid once (in real life) and thinking to myself, 'I am not going to remember you or this conversation 10 minutes from now, much less after I graduate.' Surprisingly I did remember that kid because a decade later he resurfaced in this bizarro dream I'm telling you now."
(Aug. 24, 2006, Tales of a Post-grad Nothing)

No comments:

Post a Comment